I decided to make Brown Sugar Chocolate Mud Cake Cupcakes using the recipe I pinned from angelfoods.net. They looked delicious and I love chocolate (you may have noticed)!
However, after a full week of mornings at nursery, my little helper was too exhausted to help me so I had to go it alone. Luckily, the recipe was really easy to follow and the cupcakes, I thought, actually looked good and tasted great. Thus, I have concluded that, either my little helper isn’t quite as helpful as he could be or I have used too many chocolate brownie recipes. I think it must be the latter as I really do enjoy baking with my son and it does seem that I have made quite a few brownie type cakes with slightly different variations on the recipe, so maybe I need to challenge myself a bit more.
I need to take more inspiration from the Bake Off and push myself out of my chocolate comfort zone. I also think the early morning drop-off at nursery is exhausting me too so I must be getting a bit lazy. I will seek motivation for next time to try something a bit more adventurous.
- 200g dark chocolate
- 200g unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup milk (I used 120ml)
- 200g brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cocoa
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 150g self-raising flour
- Preheat oven to 165 C
- Melt butter in saucepan, add milk, sugar, cocoa and chocolate, stirring until completely smooth.
- Set aside and cool for 15 mins.
- Lightly whisk the eggs, vanilla and salt.
- Combine the egg mixture and flour into the chocolate mixture until fully incorporated.
- Stir through the nuts. (I used almonds but any can be used).
- Pour mixture into cake cases.
- Bake for 45 mins.
- Cool and refridgerate.
- Decorate in vanilla buttercream icing, drizzle with chocolate ganache and pop a cherry on top.